76TH U.S. WOMEN’S OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING
MONDAY, MAY 3, 2021
Brentwood Country Club
590 South Burlingame Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
Prior to participating, all participants must review the SCGA’s Policies & Procedures and COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- All players will participate in a 36-hole stroke-play qualifier consisting of two rounds of 18 holes.
- Qualifiers will advance to the 76th U.S. Women’s Open Championship at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) in San Francisco, CA on June 3 – 6, 2021.
- The final number of qualifying spots at each site will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- In the event of a tie for the last qualifying place or an alternate’s position, there will be a hole-by-hole playoff immediately following the conclusion of regular play.
There will be no formal registration at this event.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier.
- Starting times will range from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 9:30 a.m. off Holes 1 & 10 (Round 1) and 12:45 p.m. to approximately 2:45 p.m. (Round 2).
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Certain supplies will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the USGA tee markers.
- Please refer to the Yardage Information section on the Event Portal for hole-by-hole yardages.
- Course Rating: 78.2 / Slope: 144 / 6,433 yards / Par 72.
- Due to current club policy; practice rounds are not available.
- The driving range will be available by 6:45 a.m. on the day of the qualifier.
- Range balls will be provided on the driving range compliments of Brentwood CC and the SCGA.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and should limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The snack bar will be open for to-go orders only.
- Cash will be the only form of payment accepted for F&B purchases.
RULES OF PLAY:
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A Rules Limited govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the USGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Distance-Measure Devices: Permitted during the qualifying rounds but not at the championship proper.
- One Ball Rule: During an entire round, each ball at which the player makes a stroke must be the same brand and model as found in a single entry on the current List of Conforming Balls. Model Local Rule G-4.
- Groove and Punch Mark Specifications: Local Rule as prescribed in Section 8 of the Committee Procedures is in effect, except as modified by the applicable championship Entry Application. Model Local Rule G-2.
- Prohibiting Use of Certain Types of Shoes: During a round, a player must not wear shoes with spikes of any design that are entirely or partially made of metal, if such metal may come into contact with the course. Model Local Rule G-7.
- Information on Green-Reading Materials can be found here.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
GOLF CARTS & PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- During a round, a player must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee (Model Local Rule G-6).
- Players seeking to use a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must plan with the USGA in advance of the competition.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Players may provide their own caddie (see section on Golf Carts).
- Brentwood CC caddies are available upon request. Please contact Head Professional Eric Temena at: email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club.
- Caddies and spectators must wear face coverings whenever it is not possible to guarantee six feet of distance from another person.
Appropriate golf attire must be worn, including adhering to any club-specific policies.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of the competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630 and the USGA Championship Administration Department at (908) 234-2300.